Originally Published: September 10, 2017 6 a.m.
Circle K has plans for old Hastings site
Circle K has applied for a liquor license at the old Hastings Entertainment store, 940 Willow Creek Road.
The Prescott City Council is expected to consider the license request on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
“Once that’s approved, we’ll go through and purchase the property,” said Kim Kwiatkowski, the liquor agent for Circle K in Arizona. “Then we’re going to tear that building down and build a new one.”
Kwiatkowski said it will be well over a year before the gas station is up and running.
Forest Trails real estate office reopens
A real estate office for Forest Trails, a Thumb Butte foothills subdivision located off Iron Springs Road in Prescott, and the subdivisions surrounding it has reopened after about a decade of being closed.
Dean Myers, the broker of Forest Trails Realty and the son of the subdivision’s original developer, is heading up the reopened office in partnership with CLA Realty, a real estate agency out of Phoenix that has a new office locally.
“We’ve got it open, we’ve got it manned, we’ve got agents and we will now be servicing this area,” Myers said. The commercial building closed after several years of operation due to the Great Recession.
Retail space being built along Whipple Street
A one-acre parcel across from Yavapai Regional Medical Center along Whipple Street is being developed for a small retail center, said Larry Brown with Diversified Partners.
Already signed on to take up a portion of the building is Firehouse Subs. The remaining 3,358 square feet is still available.
Brown expects the building to be complete and turned over to tenants by early 2018.
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email firstname.lastname@example.org; for legal advertisements, email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Old Hastings store demolition
- Need2Know: Kmart building in escrow; Papa John’s returning to PV?; Sam’s Club draws attention; ‘pink’ thrift store opens; Ft. Knox does U-Haul
- Need2Know: Starbucks location will start serving wine, beer, food; UPS driver joins ‘Circle of Honor’; Synergy Wellness Center adds acupuncturist; and more
- Need2Know: PV chamber business academy; Flex Realty changes leadership
- Need2Know: Spirit Halloween open for season; Hertz coming to Prescott; Coldwell Banker buys Windermere Real Estate