Originally Published: October 30, 2017 6:01 a.m.
DELTONA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida woman has been arrested after stealing 47 guns from her ailing father’s collection.
Volusia County Sheriff’s officials say 58-year-old Robert Carter suffered a stroke last year. He recently moved to a rehabilitation center and asked family members to check on his home and gun collection after Hurricane Irma.
Authorities arrested his daughter 30-year-old Crystal Gorman on Thursday, charging her with grand theft and 19 counts of dealing in stolen property.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports she sold the firearms to pawn shops. Authorities said they could trace the weapons because Carter had a list of their serial numbers. Most had already been resold.
Gorman is being held without bond. It’s unclear if she had an attorney to comment on the charges.
More like this story
- Florida man arrested after stealing neighbor's underwear
- Florida woman accused of sending boy, 6, to steal package
- Florida woman accused of throwing tampon at police officer
- Cottonwood woman accused of stealing grandparents’ guns, selling them
- Police: Michigan woman applies for job, then steals cash