ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Police say a 29-year-old Florida man slapped a police horse on the hindquarters while it was on patrol with an officer.
News outlets report Casey Waldner was walking down a street early Sunday when he was accused of slapping Izzy, a 13-year-old horse that has been with the Orlando Police Department for five years. The slap startled Izzy, who spun around.
A police report says Waldner ran, but was caught by a nearby officer.
The report says officers searched Waldner and found cocaine.
Police spokeswoman Michelle Guido says Izzy didn’t need veterinary care.
Waldner was charged with injuring a police horse, resisting arrest without violence and cocaine possession.
Waldner, who lives in Pace in Florida’s Panhandle, was released on a $1,250 bond. Jail records don’t list an attorney.
More like this story
- Man sits in jail after drywall powder is mistaken for cocaine
- Me want cocaine? Drugs found inside Cookie Monster doll
- Splashing near mating manatees puts Florida man in hot water
- Video: Officers raid man's house while he's flashing money on Facebook Live
- Cops: 74-year-old hid $150,000 of cocaine in public housing for elderly