The title on the Opinion Page is “Sexually transmitted infections are increasing, health care is not working.” I said to myself as I read the title, ‘ARE YOU KIDDING?”
STD’s don’t come from lack of health care, they come from having unprotected sex. How many of the individuals treated for STD’s have had multiple partners? How many are single? In this day and age, there is no holiness to sex. The Bible says to flee from sex outside of marriage, but the world proclaims “This is your body,” “If it feels good, do it,” “Two consenting adults,” and all kinds of other hollow philosophies. People don’t value their bodies. Let’s not blame Donald Trump or health care, or lack of it, for individual choices.
More like this story
- Health in Brief: STDs on the rise in Arizona
- Editorial: Sexually transmitted infections are increasing, health care is not working
- Column: Educate youth to best stem pregnancies, STDs
- Sexually transmitted diseases rampant among teenage girls in the U.S.
- Letter: Sex education vital for teens to protect selves