The Yavapai County Education Foundation is accepting nomination applications through its website for the 2018 Yavapai County Teacher of the Year.
Through form.jotform.com/73174115180954 nomination can be made; for more information, visit ycefoundation.com.
Lamb Chevrolet and General Manager Ed Walsh have contributed $20,000 toward the prize money for this year’s winners. These cash awards include:
• All Categories except First Year Teacher: Finalists (three per category) will be awarded $500 each. Category winners will receive an additional $1,500.
• The overall Teacher of the Year, selected from among category winners of all categories other than First Year will receive an additional $5,000 and other gifts.
• Each First Year Teacher of the Year Finalist will be awarded $500 each. The First Year Teacher of the Year winner will receive an additional $2,500.
The deadline to nominate an excellent teacher is Jan. 10, 2018. Following are the categories:
• K-5th Grade
• 6th-8th Grade
• Cross Grades Specialists (K-8)
• High School
• Cross Grades Specialists (9-12)
• Outstanding First-Year Teacher
For answers to your questions, call 928-442-5139.
More like this story
- Lamb Chevrolet donation increases Teacher of the Year awards
- 2008 Yavapai County Education Foundation awards
- Del Rio Elementary kindergarten teacher is 2009 Teacher of the Year
- 59 educators nominated for 2009 Yavapai County Teacher of the Year
- Chemistry teacher named Yavapai County Teacher of the Year