Yavapai County School Superintendent Tim Carter has announced the appointment of Lise Arensberg to the Skull Valley Elementary School District Governing Board. She replaces Brittany Smith, who did not state a reason for her resignation.
Arensberg graduated from Washington High School in Phoenix prior to earning her bachelor of arts in early childhood education from Arizona State University and a master of arts in bilingual and multicultural education from Northern Arizona University.
Arensberg is married to a Native Air medical helicopter pilot and the couple has two children who attend Skull Valley School. The family has lived in the community for one and a half years. Arensberg has been an active volunteer at the school.
“Mrs. Arensberg worked as a classroom teacher in the Alhambra School District for five years, and will certainly bring that experience to the Board,” Carter said. “Mrs. Arensberg also has the benefit of parental experiences that will serve her in a positive manner in this new capacity.”
The appointment is valid from Oct. 13, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2018. For questions, call Carter at 928-925-6560 or Arensberg at 602-740-4502.
More like this story
- School superintendent appoints new board member to Skull Valley Elementary School District
- Board member needed for Skull Valley Elementary district
- New member appointed to Hillside Elementary School District board
- Skull Valley school board needs to fill a vacancy
- County School Superintendent appoints Anne Hathaway to Ash Fork School District Governing Board