Originally Published: November 2, 2017 6 a.m.
RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — A man dressed as Forrest Gump has been running around Southern California neighborhoods and stopping to take pictures with residents.
Video and a photo from police show the man sporting a mangy fake beard, red shorts and a red “Bubba Gump” hat during his jogs around the city of Riverside. It’s the same outfit worn by Tom Hanks in the 1994 Oscar-winning film “Forrest Gump.” Hanks’ character spends part of the movie running across the country.
The man identified himself to KABC-TV only as Forrest Gump. He added that “it doesn’t really matter” who he is. He says his runs are “just something that took off and made the community happy, made people smile.”
More like this story
- Video: Biking robbery suspect drops cash
- Watch: Man dressed as Disney's Elsa pushes Boston Police vehicle out of snowbank
- Letter: 'Stupid is as stupid does' with 89/89A interchange
- Police: Man posed as officer, tried to get discounted coffee
- Police: People dressed as ninjas started fires in building