Originally Published: March 1, 2017 5:58 a.m.
- Many YMCA members park in the corner of the YRMC parking lot. Recently the hospital has stationed guards to politely request Y members to park elsewhere. Why protect an under-used corner of the parking lot? Where are our priorities?
- Support Mayor Oberg in voting “no” on the PSPRS sales tax increase. The 10-year “sunset” projection is faulty and there is yet no long-term solution to the problems created by incompetent politicians and union management.
- A solution to the 0.75 percent increase in sales tax: the number the active members (not retired) contribute to the system. A slight increase of 2 percent that a member pays, ensures the health and longevity of the program.
- RE: Protesting may lead to arrests - SB 1142 undermines democracy. We have been successful protecting our 2nd Amendment right. Now it is time to protect our right to free speech under the 1st Amendment.
- Congressman Gosar, I am disappointed you decided not to meet with your constituents in person. If so many voters want to participate, schedule
more town halls in more locations. Cancellation is as an act of disrespect and cowardice.
- Authoritarianism here we come! The right to congregate, the right to assemble, as well as free speech are all at risk with this recklessly contrived and bitterly partisan conceived bill. Surely SB 1142 won’t stand up in the courts.
- I don’t always agree with Michael Reagan, but he’s right about Trump and his rookies. Truman said, “The buck stops here.” Trump needs to quit tweeting and pointing fingers, and start taking responsibility.
- I find it rather strange that we are perceived as “paid protestors prone to rioting” when actually we are just ordinary, unpaid people being vocal about some valid concerns regarding the state of the union.
- Entering the country
illegally should be a class 1 felony
not a misdemeanor.
- RE: Handicapped parking
spaces - People who use the 4-wheel walkers also need the wider handicapped spaces to open their passenger side doors to enter/exit. Without the extra space, we ding the car parked next to us.
- The Appeals Court decision and Justice Swann are undoubtedly correct: the categorical denial of bail for sex offenders is unconstitutional. It is my hope that the voter initiative to the contrary – which is wrong on so many levels – stays kaput.
All Rants&Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email email@example.com.