Originally Published: July 24, 2017 6:02 a.m.
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Police in suburban Philadelphia are looking for a man who they say used two babies to help him steal about $1,000 worth of sunglasses.
The Newtown Township Police Department says the suspect came into a Design for Vision store on Wednesday carrying two babies in their car seats.
He set the two babies on the floor and tried on sunglasses for about 30 minutes.
Video footage from the store shows him placing sunglasses on one of the babies’ faces and then sliding the eyewear behind the child’s back.
He’s also seen apparently putting more sunglasses in the other child’s car seat and in his own pocket.
Police are asking for help identifying the man.
More like this story
- Police hunt suspected TV thief in ‘I’m Broke Baby’ T-shirt
- Two men captured on video stealing $4,000 worth of jewelry from Chino Valley business
- Man climbs into Dunkin’ Donuts window, immediately leaves
- Police ID officer in shooting of teen, allege victim robbed store
- Cops comb for bald man who swiped Rogaine in Detroit area