COTTONWOOD – An 18-year-old man was arrested on Feb. 3 and charged with five counts of sexual molestation of a child, and his father has been charged with a misdemeanor, failure to report child abuse.
Christian Swank, 18, was arrested after deputies received information that he had sexually molested two children, one under 13 years old and one under 10, Sheriff’s spokesman Dwight D’Evelyn said.
“Investigators conducted forensic interviews with the victims and established probable cause that Swank was involved in sexual activity with each victim on several separate occasions in 2015,” D’Evelyn said.
Swank was apprehended at a traffic stop and is being held without bond in the Camp Verde jail.
As a result of that investigation, his father, Brandon Swank, was arrested Feb. 8 on a charge of failure to report child abuse.
“YCSO detectives discovered that during December of 2016, (the father) became aware of the sexual abuse of a child by his son, Christian,” D’Evelyn said, but he “chose not to report the crime to law enforcement and requested that family members also not report the crime.”
The father was booked into the Camp Verde jail and released on a $3,500 bond.
More like this story
- Cottonwood man takes plea deal in child sex case, father charged with failure to report
- 2 arrested in filmed molestation of Village of Oak Creek teen
- Chino Valley man accused in child sex case to get mental exam
- Two men in custody on child molestation charges
- Former babysitter accused of sexual molestation of children he watched