WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A Wichita man says his phone has been "blowing up" since he won a Bud Light promotion giving him Super Bowl tickets for life.
The Wichita Eagle (http://bit.ly/2kN72es ) reports that it all started at Christmas time when 52-year-old Lyle Randa made a quick beer run. The 30 pack he purchased contained a gold can that allowed him to enter a drawing.
Six other contestants won a pair of season tickets to their favorite team for the 2017-18 NFL season. But only Randa's gold can was the Willy Wonka golden ticket for a lifetime of Super Bowl attendance for two — up to 51 years from now.
Randa plans to put the gold can in a shadow box along with all his Super Bowl tickets. He described what happened as "bright-lights-kind-of-crazy."
More like this story
- Eagles get hero’s welcome after winning 1st Super Bowl title
- Super Bowl of firsts, lasts, bests; Prescott residents give picks
- Aikman: Experience can be 'overrated' going into Super Bowl
- Prescott native gets gift of a lifetime - a free ticket to Super Bowl XLIX
- Super Bowl ads aim for the heart - and sometimes lower