Originally Published: December 26, 2017 5:59 a.m.
With all the sexual harassment accusations flying around these days, does anyone stop to think where all this will lead? When will we see the first case of a man receiving unwanted advances by a female headed to the courts, resulting in a high profile successful woman to have all her aspirations of breaking the “glass ceiling,” dashed? When will the first man step forward with unfounded accusations of unwanted advances, decades previous, by a successful woman? Who will be the first man to express how an “alluring” female was instrumental in a man’s failed marriage? When will it now be “safe” to approach a female with innocent intentions, to foster a friendship? It is clear that there are people in this world who will prey on others and recent disclosures are abhorrent, and have no place in any walk of life. But beware that we don’t allow “normal” attractions between the sexes to become a circus and allow the only ones to gain from this to be the lawyers, news organizations, and cheap periodicals.
More like this story
- Many state lawmakers accused of sexual misconduct run again
- Arizona House releases detailed harassment policy
- Sexual harassment in government: No touching, inappropriate comments, jokes, or posters
- States rethink sexual misconduct policies after complaints
- Editorial: How do we react to these sexual harassment revelations?