Cameron Parsons scored 17 points, Justin Kimball and Dallin Jex each added 15 and the Prescott boys’ basketball team hit 12 3-pointers in a 75-69 win over Mingus to open Grand Canyon region play at home Wednesday night.
It is the second straight win for the Badgers (3-5, 1-0 Grand Canyon), which didn’t win a game (0-5) at the annual two-day Red Rock Hoops Classic in Sedona last weekend.
Prescott beat Cactus 79-59 on Tuesday night.
Trailing 39-35 at halftime, Prescott used a 24-12 third-quarter run to take a 59-51 lead and never trailed again.
The Badgers were 24 of 54 shooting from the field, and hit 15 of 24 from the free-throw line while only committing 12 turnovers.
Jex grabbed five rebounds and had three steals to go along with his point total, while Kody Jones had eight points, seven assists and five rebounds. Big man Korey Schwartz and Braden Lopez each scored eight points.
Prescott plays its third game in as many days by welcoming Washington (4-3, 0-0 Black Canyon) tonight. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.
Brian M. Bergner Jr. is sports editor for The Daily Courier, the Prescott Valley Tribune and the Chino Valley Review. Follow him on Twitter at @SportsWriter52 or on Facebook at @SportsAboveTheFold. Email email@example.com or call 928-445-3333, ext. 1106.
More like this story
- Prep Boys' Basketball: Prescott struggles offensively in semifinals loss to Volunteers
- Badgers ‘outworked’ by Coconino in 77-55 loss
- Badgers advance to region semis with 60-49 win over Thunderbirds
- Prep Basketball: Badgers upset rival Flagstaff 68-62
- Badgers overcome 12-point halftime deficit in 64-61 win over Cactus (PHOTO GALLERY)