“The Health Benefits of Pet Ownership for Seniors” is a free Senior Connection Speakers Bureau presentation that begins at noon Thursday, Aug. 17, at Prescott Valley Christian Church, 7655 E. Long Look Drive, Prescott Valley.
Presenter Alan Wikman of Synergy Home Care will identify daily stressors and cover the medical benefits and ways pets provide emotional support and socialization opportunities; the difference between Service Animals and Therapy Animals; how to benefit from animals other than getting a pet; and whether to give a senior a pet as a gift.
RSVPs appreciated to Debbie@SeniorConnection.us or 928-778-3747.
More like this story
- Senior Connection talk addresses ‘Activities to Boost Brain Health’
- Supporting widowed friends – you can make a difference
- Senior Connection presentation on free captioned phone equipment set for April 14 in Prescott Valley
- ‘Understanding Alzheimer’s’ presentation set for Nov. 9
- Thursday talk to focus on mental clarity, fatigue as they relate to hearing