Ben Souler is a World War II and Korean War veteran who is turning 100.
He served in the U.S. Navy for 23 years.
He was also a pioneer for the New York Conservative Party. Paul Gosar wrote a letter wishing him a happy birthday.
His family is celebrating his milestone on Aug. 5 at the First Church of the Nazarene.
More like this story
- Pharmacist recalls life in research, World War II code cracking
- Wartime odyssey: How a chemist became a code-breaker in World War II
- More than 1,000 people turn out for Veterans Day parade
- Embry-Riddle ROTC cadets attend one of the last Honor Flight trips geared solely toward WWII veterans
- Obituary: Martin Charles Smith