SEATTLE (AP) — A Washington woman who was convicted last year of animal cruelty for collecting 111 cats in a recreational trailer has been arrested in Oregon for investigation of animal neglect.
The Daily Herald reports (https://goo.gl/M94z7D ) 58-year-old Kathryn St. Clare was arrested in Warrenton, Oregon Monday night.
A police officer allegedly found 41 live cats and a dead one in St. Clare's car. The cats were all removed from the vehicle and given water and food.
St. Clare also was arrested on Washington warrants from Snohomish County. She failed to appear for a hearing there in April 2016.
St. Clare likely will be extradited to Snohomish County once the Oregon case is resolved.
More like this story
- Russia: Explosion injures 10 at St. Petersburg supermarket
- California couple pleads guilty to hoarding 170 Yorkies
- Judge delays trial start for Bundy, sons in Nevada standoff
- Butcher knife attempted assault suspect from Arizona arrested in Utah
- Bikini baristas sue Washington city over dress code law