Originally Published: April 20, 2017 5:59 a.m.
LUNAFEST, the fundraising film festival dedicated to promoting awareness about women’s issues that highlights female filmmakers, will be hosted by the Launch Pad Teen Center at The Raven Café, 142 N. Cortez St., on Sunday, April 23, at 6 p.m.
Tickets are $15 and can be purchased in advance at www.lunafest.org/prescott0423 or at the Launch Pad Teen Center at 302 Grove Ave.
This unique film festival focuses on women as leaders in society, illustrated through nine short films. The films range from animation to fictional drama, and cover topics
such as women’s health, motherhood, body image, aging, cultural diversity and breaking barriers.
All proceeds from LUNAFEST will benefit the Breast Cancer Fund and the Launch Pad’s fourth annual Women’s Empowerment Breakthrough Conference.
Nationally, LUNAFEST, created and funded by LUNA, the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, has raised over $965,000 for the Breast Cancer Fund and $2.6 million for other nonprofit organizations that benefit women.
For more information, contact Laura Tully at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Sunday’s LunaFest to benefit local conference for teen girls
- Nonprofit in Brief: LunaFest, film festival, to raise scholarships for teen girls
- Lunafest, short films by women, is April 2
- Girls' Night Out: Women's film festival returns to Prescott
- Local films on rock climbing, skiing to screen at the Raven