NEW YORK (AP) — Starbucks is calling a limited-time beverage that changes colors and flavors with a stir of the straw a "Unicorn Frappuccino."
The chain says the drink was inspired by the trend of unicorn-themed food online and starts out purple with a sweet and fruity taste. It changes to pink and tart after it's stirred to mix in a blue drizzle. It will be available from April 19 to April 23 in the United States, Canada and Mexico, with a 12-ounce size containing 280 calories.
Earlier this month, Seattle-based Starbucks also introduced a "Pink Drink" made with coconut milk and topped with strawberries. The company said it had previously been a customized drink that enjoyed "fandom online."
More like this story
- Chew On This: Solanos y Hermanos Coffee Central & South America’s best caffeinated brew
- Kellogg's unveils Pop-Tarts pizza, tacos at NYC cafe (video)
- Right at home: A peek inside the world of color forecasting
- Column: Rhubarb recipes combine sweetness and tartness
- Prescott man's invention stirs flavor into drinks