While talking to one of our elected representatives about auto insurance to try to get legislation to change liability and bodily injury insurance coverage from the auto to the person driving the auto, so the person insured can drive autos owned by others, I was informed insurance companies are more powerful than our federal government, with their lobbyist, to get this done. The driver is the nut behind the wheel so he or she should be liable, not the auto.
Comprehensive and collision would be up to the owner to have or not, if financed or leased.
Wake up government, you have only passed laws against the people not for them; you are elected to help, not hurt the people.
Driving should be a right, not a privilege, we pay for the highways with taxes. When placed on this earth the only guarantees were government rule, taxes and death.
Richard C. Williams
More like this story
- Increase in motorists’ liability insurance OK’d by state panel
- Arizona lawmakers consider mandating more auto insurance
- Editorial: It’s worth looking at liability minimums, but be careful
- State senate panel agrees to increase car liability requirements
- Ask the Contractor: A primer on homeowners insurance