Yavapai County School Superintendent Tim Carter is pleased to announce the appointment of Brittany Smith to the Skull Valley Elementary School District Governing Board.
The opening was created by the resignation of Sandra Jolcover, who is relocating out of the school district.
Smith graduated from Bayfield High School in Bayfield, Colorado, and has earned a medical transcription certification. She is married with three children, two of whom attend Skull Valley School. The family has lived in the community for two years. She has been an active volunteer at the school, including work in the school library, at the Farmer’s Market, and in organizing activities.
“Mrs. Smith is dedicated to the betterment of the school and I believe she will represent the community in the governance of the school in an honorable fashion,” Carter said. “Mrs. Smith interviewed very well. She has work and parental experiences that will serve her in a positive manner in this new capacity.”
Carter accepted letters of interest, interviewed those who applied, and spoke individually with each currently seated Board Member and the District Leadership prior to making the appointment. The appointment is valid from Aug. 31 through Dec. 31, 2018.
More like this story
- Lise Arensberg appointed to Skull Valley Elementary School District Governing Board
- Board member needed for Skull Valley Elementary district
- New member appointed to Hillside Elementary School District board
- Skull Valley school board needs to fill a vacancy
- Superintendent seeks applicants for vacancy on Skull Valley Elementary District Governing Board