Originally Published: October 9, 2016 10:33 a.m.
YRMC Breast Care Center
YRMC Breast Care Center in Prescott Valley offers digital mammography, breast ultrasounds and MRIs, and biopsies, in addition to consultations, care coordination and support groups.
Located on the west side of YRMC East at 7700 East Florentine Road. Hours: 7 a.m.-4 p.m., and 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Tuesdays only. To schedule an appointment, call 928-442-8900 or 1-877-436-5290.
Community Breast-Care Fund
YRMC and The Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Prescott have created the Community BreastCare Fund to make digital mammography screening available to women throughout the Quad Cities region. You’re eligible for free mammography screening through the Community BreastCare Fund if you:
• Are between the ages of 40 and 64.
• Lack adequate health insurance or have a high co-pay or deductible.
• Do not qualify for AHCCCS (Arizona’s Medicaid).
• Do not qualify for the Well Woman HealthCheck Program through Yavapai County Health Center.
• Can’t afford the cost of digital mammography screening.
YRMC information for Spanish speakers:
Para ponerse en contacto con Yavapai Regional Medical Center, marque 1-877-297-2366. Cuando escuche la notificación, marque el código de acceso 863 127 435 490. Siga las instrucciones. Su llamada será transferida al hospital y un intérprete lo ayudará. Esta información fue distribuido con permiso de la Yavapai Regional Medical Center.
Yavapai County Community
The Well Woman HealthCheck Program (WWHP) is part of the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program that operates in all 50 states. It provides free breast and cervical cancer screening to low income, uninsured and underinsured women who meet the following guidelines:
• Between the ages of 40-64, or symptomatic at any age (symptomatic meaning they have symptoms of breast problems such as lump, pain, discharge).
• Has no insurance, or insurance does not cover mammogram/pap, or has a high deductible (for example, if insurance covers preventive but patient needs diagnostics and has to meet a high deductible).
• Has a limited income but does not qualify for AHCCCS (between 133 percent and 250 percent Federal Poverty Level or not eligible for AHCCCS for other reasons).
Cases are managed by WWHP staff throughout a woman’s diagnosis, along with follow-up procedures and care.
MedWise: located at 790 Gail Gardner Way, Prescott, offers digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, breast MRIs only if its doctors recommend one, and breast biopsies. For more information, call 928-776-9900.
Prescott Medical Imaging
Prescott Medical Imaging: located at 810 West Whipple Street, Prescott, offers a discount the entire month of October for digital mammograms –$89 instead of the regular $148 – for cash pay (not through insurance). PMI also takes most insurance. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday. MRI available till 7 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday. To make an appointment, call 928-771-7577.
Prescott Valley Medical Imaging
Prescott Valley Medical Imaging: located at 7700 East Florentine Road, #105, does not offer mammograms at the facility, but will refer patients to the Breast Care Center. Its number is 928-759-5930.
Prescott Outpatient Surgery Center
Prescott Outpatient Surgery Center: 815 Ainsworth Drive, Prescott, does not offer screenings. By referral, surgeons provide biopsies, lumpectomies and mastectomies with or without reconstruction. For more information, call 778-9770.
SimonMed Imaging: located at 3033 North Windsong Drive, Prescott Valley, offers digital mammography, ultrasounds, MRIs and biopsies. Hours are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Call 928-772-5250 for more information.