In honor of Veteran’s Day and those Americans who have served in the armed forces, Prescott National Forest will waive the $5 fee at all day-use facilities across the forest on Friday, Nov. 11.
As part of this nationwide event, fees are waived at the following sites on the Prescott National Forest:
• Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin.
• Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa and Metate.
• Thumb Butte Recreation Area.
• Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
• Hayfield Draw OHV Recreation Area.
The waiver does not apply to overnight campgrounds, group use fees or fees charged by concession-operated facilities.
The Forest Service also honors active duty military members year-round with the free Interagency Annual Military Pass.
More like this story
- Day-use fee waived by Prescott National Forest on Nov. 11
- Quad Cities in Brief: Prescribed burn starts Nov. 14, Christmas tree permits start Nov. 16
- Quad Cities in Brief: Week of Nov. 9, 2017
- Day fees waived on MLK Day for National Forest sites
- Saturday is free at Lynx Lake, Granite Mtn., Thumb Butte