Yavapai County Recorder Leslie Hoffman is reminding voters about important information regarding the upcoming Primary Election that will be held Tuesday, Aug. 30:
• All registered voters are eligible to vote in the Primary Election.
• If you are a registered Independent, Other or Party Not Designated and are on the Permanent Early Voter List; you must tell the Recorder’s Office which party ballot you want mailed to you. Please call 928-771-3248 or visit www.yavapai.us/electionsvr (click on early ballot request).
• To be eligible to vote in this election, you must register to vote by Aug. 1. Those interested may register in person at the Yavapai County Recorder’s Office, 1015 Fair St., room 228, Prescott; or 10 S. 6th St., Cottonwood; or online at www.servicearizona.com.
• Election materials cannot be forwarded. If you have changes to your residential or mailing address (i.e. no longer have a Post Office box, rural route, or received your mail at a location other than your residence), visit www.servicearizona.com to update your voter registration by Aug. 1.
• Permanent Early Voter Ballots will be mailed by Friday, Aug. 5. Be sure to sign to sign your affidavit envelope with your original handwriting.
• For those voting at a Vote Center, you will need to present proper identification. Visit online at www.yavapai.us for Vote Center locations and the Secretary of State website for Vote Center identification requirements at www.azsos.gov/elections/voting-election.
• Last day to register to vote or change your party affiliation: Aug. 1, 2016
• Early voting begins: Aug. 3, 2016
• Last day to request an early ballot by mail: Aug. 19, 2016
• Last day to vote early in person: Aug. 26, 2016
• Election Day – Vote Centers will be open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.: Aug. 30, 2016
Call Yavapai County Voter Registration at 928-771-3248 or toll free at – Ash Fork, Bagdad, Seligman, Yarnell 800-771-2797, Black Canyon City 602-495-8800, or the Verde Valley 928-639-8100 for more information.