On December 20th, the eighth-grade student council of Prescott Valley’s Acorn Montessori School delivered a bookshelf that they crafted, sanded and painted themselves. This donation was complete with age-appropriate books, to be placed in West Yavapai Guidance Clinic’s children’s counseling center on Windsong Drive in Prescott Valley. The students’ community outreach is in conjunction with the Thirty Million Words initiative which seeks to harness the power of parent language to build a child’s brain and impact his or her future. To learn more about supporting West Yavapai Guidance Clinic and its related WYGC Foundation, go to www.wygc.org. And, to support Acorn Montessori in its effort to expand the reading horizons of youth, consider a donation of gently used, age appropriate books for kindergarten to middle school ages. To learn more, go to www.acornmontessori.com, or call 928-772-5778 and ask for Cynthia Johnson.
More like this story
- Cordes Lakes Library supports West Yavapai Guidance Clinic
- Acorn Montessori schools are growing
- Community News: Foundation aids local clinic's work
- <I>Passport to the world</I><BR>Students visit seven continents without leaving home
- Community News: Restaurant donates to clinic's suicide prevention efforts