The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System has won a “Greenhealth Partner for Change” Award.
The Greenhealth Partner for Change Award recognizes health care facilities that continuously improve and expand upon their mercury elimination, waste reduction, recycling and source reduction programs, according to a news release.
At a minimum, facilities applying for this award must be recycling 15 percent of their total waste, have reduced regulated medical waste, are well along the way to mercury elimination, and have developed other successful pollution prevention programs in many different areas.
“Your innovation, initiative, leadership and hard work have earned you this important recognition — and we thank you for being a role model for the health care sector. Practice Greenhealth wants to ensure you get the help you need highlighting your achievements with your staff, associates, and your community,” stated the paperwork that came with the award.
More like this story
- Test samples of VA's water show no Legionella
- Grant provides additional psychology staff members for Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
- VA getting handle on bacteria in water: Legionella bacteria found in low-use areas, not occupied patient rooms
- Legionella bacteria detected at Prescott VA
- Plan will keep localVA up with growth<BR>