Originally Published: September 17, 2015 8:06 p.m.
CHINO VALLEY - Police arrested a 14-year-old high school student and charged him with threatening and intimidating Wednesday, Sept. 16, after they said he threatened another student, according to a CVPD spokesman.
Officers were called to Chino Valley High School about 8:45 a.m. for a report of a person who had allegedly overheard the boy making the threat, said Lt. Vince Schaan.
Police took the boy out of class while they investigated, Schaan said.
"Interviews were conducted and after speaking to multiple people the suspect was arrested and taken into custody," he said. "The threat was specifically directed toward a specific student and not the school or other students."
No weapons were found and no one was injured, he added.
"During interviews the suspect admitted to making the verbal threats and provided information that he was the target of bullying," Schaan said.
The teen was booked into the Yavapai County Juvenile Detention Center.
More like this story
- Chino Valley teen arrested for alleged threats against another teen
- Threat at Chino Valley school leads to arrest
- School shooting threat at Chino Valley High School spurred by social media
- Teen arrested March 2 for making threats at Bradshaw Mountain Middle School
- Stolen car leads officers on pursuit from Chino to Prescott