Originally Published: December 14, 2015 10:27 a.m.
As many of my readers know, I sometimes share amazing or touching videos on this blog.
Readers who regularly use social media have likely already seen this 40-second clip on YouTube or Facebook earlier this week.
But for our Courier readers who may not be on Facebook, here is a special holiday moment that I hope will bring you a smile.
Three-year-old Mali Phoenix Williams-Cody visited Cleveland Centre in the United Kingdom with her mother, where they met Santa.
According to the YouTube user who posted the video, Mali is not deaf, but she struggles to communicate with speech and language. She has been attending a special school to help with her communication and this is where she learned sign language.
As captured in the video, Santa asks the child's mother if Mali knows sign language. What he did next touched hearts all over the world. In sign, he asked if Mali wanted a doll for Christmas.
Her reaction is priceless and touched those who witnessed it live.
Video filmed Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015 at Cleveland Centre, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom.
Click here if you prefer to view the video on YouTube.com
More like this story
- Lift-Your-Day Video: 3-year-old sings "Part of Your World" from Disney's Little Mermaid
- Prescott College offers video storytelling class
- Video: Two young singers that might lift your day
- $50,000 reward in nationwide search for Facebook murder suspect
- 4-year-old takes flight amid high winds in Cleveland area