Originally Published: December 14, 2015 8:44 a.m.
CHINO VALLEY - Police have arrested three minors in connection with a month-long series of property crimes, including 22 burglaries, eight criminal damage reports, and four stolen vehicles, Chino Valley Police Lt. Vince Schaan said.
The three suspects are a 14-year-old and two 17-year-olds, all from Chino Valley. Schaan said they admitted to committing the crimes, and, he added, police are asking the County Attorney to charge the 17-year-olds as adults.
Police have recovered most of the stolen property, Schaan said, and the estimate value of the stolen and damaged property is more than $50,000.
"The majority of these burglaries occurred when the suspects would walk neighborhoods and check car doors to see if they were unlocked," Schaan said. "When they located unlocked vehicle doors, they would take all items from inside. Once inside, the suspects located keys inside three of the vehicles and stole (them).
"While driving the stolen vehicles the suspect would deliberately drive off road, run into (an) object and cause extensive damage," he said.
More like this story
- Chino Valley PD looking for burglary victims
- Chino Valley neighborhood crime spree investigation leads to 2 arrests
- Two arrested in auto burglaries, police say lock your car doors
- Cops arrest burglary suspect after foot chase
- Two arrested, another two facing charges, in Prescott Valley vehicle burglaries