Prescott High varsity boys' swimmers Grant Temple and Adam Schilperoort have the chance to earn the Badgers' program its first individual Division I titles at the D-I state tournament Friday and Saturday at the Skyline Aquatic Center in Mesa.
Temple is seeded first in the 100-yard butterfly and second in the 200 freestyle, while Schilperoort is seeded 11th in the 100 breaststroke.
During the weekend of Oct. 20 at the Craig Cummins Invitational in Mesa, Temple set a new school record in the 100 fly with a first-place time of 50.63 seconds. He won the 200 free in 1 minute, 45.16 seconds.
Also at Cummins, which was conducted at the same site as this week's state tournament, Schilperoort swam a 1:02.98 in the 100 breast to qualify for the postseason.
More like this story
- Prescott's Temple misses state swimming state title by 0.18 of a second
- Prescott swimmer Harris Temple wins state title in 100 freestyle
- Temple leads way for Prescott High swim at today's state finals
- Prescott boys' swimmers finish 8th as team at state
- Prep Swimming: Temple earns top seeds in 2 events at state meet