Originally Published: March 17, 2011 9:46 p.m.
A Prescott High School student and a woman were cited and released Sunday for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after officers found a baggie of marijuana in the center console of the car they were sitting in, and the student showed officers a packet of rolling papers in his wallet.
At 11:17 p.m., a Prescott Police officer patrolling the 1300 block of Discovery Drive saw a car with its headlights off parked in the dirt at the far end of the drive where officers recently arrested several people for engaging in illegal activities. The officer asked the teenage boy and the woman sitting inside the car for their ID and asked them what they were doing there.
The teen initially told the officer they were "just hanging out," but when the officer smelled marijuana on his breath, the teen told the officer that "there's a little roach up there," and pointed toward the rocks just east of the vehicle, according to the police report.
The woman told the officer they had smoked marijuana up on the rock, according to the police report.
More like this story
- Teens cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, tobacco
- Woman arrested after reportedly asking passenger to 'eat or hide' drugs
- Police called for candy theft, leave with drug arrest
- Woman arrested on charges including possession of meth after traffic stop
- Officer finds scale with marijuana residue during traffic stop