Originally Published: December 6, 2010 9:59 p.m.
On Nov. 17, the Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors officially formed the first SDPHS chapter in Arizona in Prescott. It is our honor and duty to ensure that those who bravely fought and gave their lives on Dec. 7, 1941, during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor are not forgotten.
America was unprepared to defend itself and its interests against foreign enemies. Our motto is "Lest We Forget."
As a daughter and niece of Pearl Harbor survivors, it is my profound honor to carry on the legacy of Rodney Wroughton Smith and Chardin Wroughton Smith who were stationed on the destroyer USS Conyngham at Pearl Harbor at the time of the attack.
Stay focused, America, and never forget the lessons they impart to us. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.
More like this story
- Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors chapter inducts members Nov. 17 at Prescott V
- Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor group aims to keep memories alive
- Sons and Daughters of Pearl Harbor Survivors want to form local chapter
- Pearl Harbor survivors highlight study of World War II at Prescott school
- Pearl Harbor Survivors group meets Wednesday