• 10 a.m.: The parade, with the theme, "Wild About Chino Valley," will start in front of the Chino Valley Senior Center (at the corner of Road 1 West and Butterfield Road) and will travel down Butterfield to Horizon Way, then back to Memory Park via Palomino Road.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: The Yavapai Chili Society will host its chili cook-off at Memory Park. Sample cups cost $1.
• 1 p.m.: People can compete in a double-elimination horseshoe tournament with separate brackets for men and women. The tournament will take place at Memory Park. Entry fees are $5.
• 3 to 7 p.m.: The CVHS Future Farmers of America Club will host the corn dinner in the Del Rio Elementary School cafeteria. The menu includes shredded beef, salad, dinner roll, a drink and all-you-can-eat corn. CVHS cooking classes will sell pies for dessert. The cost is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors (55 and older) and $5 for children between 5 and 12. Children 4 and younger eat for free, and a family of five can buy a family ticket for $30. Prices include three raffle tickets.
For information, call 636-9780.
More like this story
- Head north for Chino Valley Corn Dinner, Territorial Days
- Chino Valley's annual celebration features food and fun; Wall-to-wall entertainment marks 15th annual Labor Day weekend celebration
- Horse events return to Territorial Days
- Chino Valley FFA presents 65th Corn Dinner
- Chino Valley prepares for Territorial Days