Originally Published: January 19, 2002 4 p.m.
They didn't hit the jackpot. But the Prescott Raven Midget (16-and-under) roller hockey team loved their stay in Las Vegas.
Playing in the Las Vegas tourney, the locals won one of three games while playing against some of the best competition in the country.
The tourney, known as NARCH (North American Roller Hockey Championships) attracted 142 teams from as far away as New York City and also included some Canadian squads.
Eighteen Midget Division teams were part of the tourney. After losing their opening game of the tournament to the "Red Army" of Thousand Oaks Calif., the locals won their second game, 4-1, against the past national champions "NorCal Mavericks" of Northern California.
They then closed the event with a loss in their third game of the tournament to the "Projoy RoadRunners" of California.
Errol Lord, John Polk, Nick Koressel and Michael Paul each scored goals during the tournament.
More like this story
- Prescott teams stand up to competition<BR>at Chandler roller hockey tournament
- Prescott to host roller hockey tournament
- FEMALE PHENOM: Roller hockey goalie Sarah Jacobelli: the big boys don't intimidate her
- Women's fast-pitch tourney in<BR>town Aug. 8<BR>
- Youth Sports: Area quartet to play in big tourney