Originally Published: August 23, 2002 3 p.m.
Courier file/Jo. L. Keener
Cowgirl Sjannah Kozak tries to hang on during the kids' portion of the festivities.
The rodeo will consist of the wild horse race, team roping, barrel racing, and ribbon roping. The kids' events will be: mutton bustin', ribbon run, calf riding, and steer riding. Fees for each event vary from $25 to $150.
The dance, on the newly completed dance floor, will start at 6 p.m., with "Three of a Kind" providing the music. Cost is $5 per person, $7 per couple, and kids younger than 10 get in free with parents.
On Aug. 31, Chino Valley's 52nd Annual Corn Dinner (all you can eat) will be at Del Rio Elementary School, Road 1 West, from 3 to 7 p.m. Chino Valley FFA and FFA alumni sponsor the feast, which will include beef, corn, salad and drink. There will also be delicious pies from Mrs. Joann Fitterer's Family Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) class at Chino Valley High School.
Tickets are available at Olsen's Grain, Corral West Prescott, Western Warehouse Prescott Valley, the Chino Valley School District Office, or at the door on the day of the dinner. Tickets cost $8 for adults, $6 for seniors, $5 for children and $30 for a family of as many as five people.
More like this story
- Chino Valley's annual celebration features food and fun; Wall-to-wall entertainment marks 15th annual Labor Day weekend celebration
- Chino Valley FFA presents 65th Corn Dinner
- Chino Valley prepares for Territorial Days
- Head north for Chino Valley Corn Dinner, Territorial Days
- Horse events return to Territorial Days