Originally Published: December 15, 2000 7:15 p.m.
Crews work to repair water line break
City crews were working this morning to repair a 12-inch water main break near the intersection of Highway 89 and Rosser Street.
Water service was temporarily out for four nearby homes. Rosser was closed at the highway intersection. The city advised neighborhood residents to use Prescott Lakes Parkway to get to the highway.
The city expects water line repairs to be complete by mid-afternoon.
Food Bank needs more holiday fare
Local residents can provide the food the Yavapai Food Bank requires for the holiday for needy Yavapai County residents.
Buy a $10 or $25 gift certificate (covering a turkey or a dinner, respectively) at Bashas' or Albertson's locations, and leave the certificate at the service desk for the food bank.
Bring items to the Yavapai Food Bank, 8400 E. Spouse Drive, Prescott Valley 86314, or mail checks or gift certificates for those stores to that address, or Yavapai Food Bank, P.O. Box 4151, Prescott, 86302.
Or, bring gift certificates, checks and only non-perishable items to a Prescott Newspapers Inc. office:
• The Daily Courier, 147 N. Cortez St., Prescott.
• The Prescott Valley Tribune, 8303 E. Hwy. 69, Prescott Valley.
• The Chino Valley Review, 401 W. Palomino, Chino Valley.
More like this story
- Food Bank in dire straits with just six turkeys in freezer
- PV Chamber, businesses team for food drive
- Food drive, donations turn things around for food bank
- Roadwork in Brief: Bashford Courts Alley, Willis and Cortez, Dexter Neighborhood, Granite Creek Dam and Rosser St.
- Gas main break near Rosser Street disrupts service to about 350 Tuesday